Donor Bill of Rights
When you give to the Taos School of Music, you become a valuable part of our Community, preparing conservatory level young artists for the world stage, and bringing superb chamber music to our community. We want you to have full confidence that you will be treated with the utmost respect. Therefore, we have created this Donor’s Bill of Rights.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of our mission and how the funds of Taos School of Music are being spent.
- Know what the programs you support are accomplishing.
- A timely and courteous response to your inquiries about finances and programs.
- Visit our home venue and performance sites to talk personally with the staff.
- Give cheerfully without pressure from the School.
- Restrict or designate your gifts to a particular area within the School’s mission and be assured that your gift will be used for that purpose.
- Know that the School does not share, rent, or sell your information with outside agencies.
- Easily opt out of all mailings or emails.
- Feel confident that all online transactions and contributions occur through a safe and secure system that protects your personal information.
- Know that there is a responsible governing board providing oversight to the organization’s mission.
- Know that the School complies with federal, state, and municipal laws.